Friday, May 16, 2014

Kaisercraft Design Team Entry 2014

Hi folks,
So I FINALLY got my entry finished very late tonight for the Kaisercraft 2014 DT.
I missed out last year and believe me...I thought I'd almost miss out again this year due to last minute running around. Put simply, if I didn't get it finished tonight I wouldn't have made the cut off time for tomorrow as I'm out all day again!
Starting at around 11.00 a.m this morning and literally just finishing photographing the layout (and let's just say it was no mean feat with the lighting I have here at midnight!)

So without further ado...here is my entry.

For my layout I've used the new release Mister Fox Collection. Love the colours in this range...just perfect for boys!

Lots of layering, distressing and tearing grunged up this page perfectly. Got to love grunge for the guys!
Next project I chose to do is a mixed media canvas. I've been playing around with this particular paper strip technique on a couple of canvases lately and loving it!
I chose the Garage Days Collection pack for this as I had an idea form as soon as I saw it. I wanted to create the feel of inside a vintage garage and love how this turned out.

Last but not least my off the page project.
My son and his girlfriend have been saving and planning for the trip to the USA for months now and I wanted to make something for them that they can store all their memorabilia in.
Plane tickets, theme park passes...anything they want to remember will go in this keepsake.

I chose the Kaisercraft camera album to alter as it reinforces the travel theme.
I've used papers and transparency from the Now Boarding Collection as it has images relevant to where they are travelling to and from.


I kept the album nice and simple so as not to detract from the shape of the camera.
I also know this will be handled quite a lot upon their return.

For the 'lens' and the 'camera bits' at the top of the album I inked and clear embossed them to give a more realistic metallic look.
So there you have my entries for the Kaisercraft 2014 DT.
Amazing what you can do in a day!

Chat soon
Sharryn xx



2 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Fabulous entries, Sharryn...best of luck with your application. (fingers & toes crossed for you!)

Adriana B said...

wonderful projects, wishing you the best of luck, :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...