Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Weekend Cyber Crop

Good morning lovelies,
We had a long weekend this past one for ANZAC day, a day to reflect, honour and give thanks to our service men and women.
So much to be thankful to them for and so lucky to live in this wonderful and very proud country.

Long weekends will usually see a cyber crop happening somewhere and I was lucky enough to participate in one this weekend, although I only got two challenges done due to having a photo shoot and a BBQ with friends on the Saturday night.

This first page I did was for a 5,4,3,2,1 challenge.
5 large embellishments
4 patterned papers
3 mists or inks
2 word title 1 photo

Here is my entry:

There is lots of dimension in this layout without it being too bulky simply by building up the background with stencils, mists, gesso, machine stitching and washi tapes.
It's amazing that just by using these products how unique and dimensional your page will turn out.

The second challenge I entered was a colour challenge. The colour combo was orange, yellow, black and white.
On first impressions the combo reminded me of a sunny summer day but then I came across this photo of my husband that i just love and decided to go with that.
I used a darker, more burnt orange than a brighter tone.
Lots of machine stitching on this one as well...which I'm loving again at the moment.

Why not break out your sewing machine and try adding texture and dimension to your next project with some machine stitching?
You'll be surprised at just how cool it looks!

Chat again soon,
Sharryn
xx

1 comment:

Paula said...

Love both these layouts, you were certainly on a roll! Brilliant colours & elements for both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...