Friday, January 17, 2014

Markets and photos and scrapping....OH MY!

Hey all,
Hope this post finds you all well.
All is good in our little world with hubby still home on holidays until Monday and a house full of kids (well young teens and young adults). Never a dull moment around here that's for sure!

Half way through last year I decided to put all the things I've been hoarding for rainy day projects to good use and start making and upcycling things for a market stall. Between that, family commitments and my photography business...some days I truly didn't even know what day of the week it was. It was head down, bum up for months.
Finally I managed to get a table of stuff ready for my first market stall and I had an absolute ball on the day.
I find repurposing and upcycling things that would normally be thrown away such a great way to expand and learn creatively and there wasn't much around I didn't slap a coat of paint on.
To have people actually buy what I made was an awesome feeling! Knowing that some of the things I'd created were being given as Xmas gifts made every single moment of being yelled at for neglecting everyone in the house well worth it! (Oops...LOL)

Recently Michael and I attended a local garage sale and to my absolute delight I found not one, not two, not three...but FIVE antique sewing machines! I'd been after one for years but I really want one in a proper cabinet so I made the decision to repurpose these ones. *shock...horror*
You have to admit though...this repurposed antique Singer sewing machine into a tractor is pretty cool right?

 So this year I have more markets on the agenda which means making a lot more fun stuff...can't wait!

I also have some great photography packages in the pipeline which is all secret squirrel at the moment and again, time is a factor. Really need to manage my time a bit better...;P

As for creating...I've done 1 layout for the year! Go me!! LOL
I actually started a second but that's about as far as I got with it. Hopefully I can finish it over the weekend.

Did you check out the last Inspired Blueprints sketch? Well you best head back on over as there is a NEW sketch ready to be printed and scrapped! Sketch 117 is now up and running and can I say I had a lot of fun with this one!


I'm loving all the brights in the scrapping world at the moment so I thought I'd give this style a go. Not really being a 'bright colour' scrapper...I'm really happy with how this turned out.


So make sure you give this sketch a go...it's a great one for all styles!
Have a great weekend and chat soon,
Sharryn
xx


3 comments:

Steffanie said...

It's gorgeous! I love it---all the white and the bright color concentrated to mostly one area. Really great photo, too. Thanks for playing along at Inspired Blueprints!

lawyerlyn said...

love that you used 1 photo instead of the 2 in the sketch

Leigh Penner said...

Great layout! I love your take on the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...