Monday, July 09, 2012

What's HOT right now?

HEXAGONS

That's what!!
I'm finding these everywhere at the moment and I must say I'm LOVING them!
They have such a lovely shape and remind me of vintage quilts, are so versatile to use and are great for any design or style :)

As usual, our fabulous boss lady at Scrap FX has come up with some of the latest and greatest shapes and designs in chipboard including HEXAGONS!
Of course, I couldn't wait to have a play with them as soon as I received my DT kit.

One of the awesome hexagon products from Scrap FX this month are these cute Hexagon Buttons which were the perfect embellishments for my project. I covered them in patterned paper and added twine to the centres. Just too cute...


I'd had some cardstock in my stash for a while with embossed hexagons down the left side. This was perfect for the layout I had in mind so out it came.
Pulling out my Honeycomb Patchwork stencil from my DT kit, I set about punching out the 26 hexagon shapes that comes with it (how cool is that?)

Oh and can I just mention quickly...Scrap FX chipboard itself is just perfect for using as templates! I've used the chipboard as a stencil then washed it with water to re-use again with no problems at all! how's that for versatility?


So as you can see, I've used fabulous HEXAGONS in many ways on my page to tie the whole project together :)

Oohhh I just have to show you this adorable Scrap FX chipboard Cupcake Stand in detail. Isn't it adorable?


In keeping with the promise I made myself, I'm trying to utilise my papers and embellishments after finishing layouts and making cards.
I made this one with the papers I had out and a beautiful Scrap FX Butterfly card silhouette.


I've been wanting to play with these card silhouettes for ages, there are so many different designs to choose from. They are just the perfect size for cards and can be used in so many different ways such as stencilling.

Here's a closer look at the butterfly:

So pretty and delicate :)

I also have some more exciting news! As I've previously mentioned, Scrap FX now has a Facebook page  and I very happy to announce that we will be holding monthly challenges in the very near future :)
The only requirement to enter is you must be a 'liker' of the page. Too easy!!
So head over and become a fan today for all the details which will be added soon.

PLUS...make sure you check our blog regularly to see what the amazing DT girls have been up too.

Until next time,
Sharryn xx


3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work....love the soft colours - they go sooo well with the cup cakes! And that butterfly card is sensational....great idea using up the scraps right away:):):)

Jane Clark said...

Beautiful card Sharryn!

Jane Clark said...

That's a beautiful cards Sharryn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...