Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Projects and parties

Hi all,
Hope everyone has been well since my last blog post which again was just over a month ago!
Kaszazz and kids have been keeping me very busy so not much time left for anything else really.

At the time of writing this, the little Princess Kiesha Abrahams is still missing. I have been following her case since she disappeared and it breaks my heart. I have my own beliefs as to what has happened to her but I won't share them here. I just hope and pray that she is found alive and very soon as the clock is ticking. Please people, keep your eyes and ears open..who knows something you might hear or see just might help to bring this little girl home.



July was an extremely social month for me and being one who doesn't go out much it certaily took it's toll.
My gorgeous friend had her 40th which was an 'oh what a night' moment. With an 80's DJ there was a lot of dancing and for me this turned out to be an 'oh what a week' recovery! Man was I sore and sorry!! Best night (and next morning) EVER!!



The following weekend I went to a school reunion and FINALLY caught up with my best friend since high school, Cathi. I hadn't seen her for 4 and a half years due to distance so this was a major highlight. Here we are together again at last.



Here is Cathi, Leeanne and I are before we left and it all got too messy...LOL
In our younger years when we used to hit the dance floors we used to get ready here at Lee's so it brought back so many wonderful memories.



We caught up with our mate Greg who is also one of our childhood friends.



Unfortunately I don't have high res. pics of the rest of the photos yet so these are all I can share.
Great night. So good in fact that they've organised another one for the end of October. Can't wait. :)

Sunday night we had a surprise 60th for our dear friend, Cheryl. To say she was suprised is an understatement! Blown out of the water more like it...hehehe
Was a great night and the best Chinese food I've had in a very long time. Was also fun to catch up with some people I haven't seen for a few months. Here she is in all her party gear and after she'd composed herself from the shock..LOL





So it's been party after party and a whole heap of fun catching up with old friends.

I've done a few projects, mostly things for Camp Mojo. We're doing challenges every month leading up to the actual Retreat next July. The first one was a sketch challenge so I thought I'd get the party started with this layout:



The second challenge I was lucky enough to be on the DT for and the challenge was to create two projects using only the colours red, white and blue. To be honest I was a bit worried about this as they aren't usually colours I'd use together but I'm really happy with what I did. The first is a wall hanging of one of our wedding photos.





The second is an ATC using the gorgeous Tim Holtz Distress inks.



I also have two projects in Handmade magazine this month. The first one is an old box I salvaged off my brother in law and turned it into a shadow box wall display. This isn't the best photo of it there's a bit of camera flash but I'm sure you'll get the drift.





The second is a tea cup pin cushion for the magazines High Tea theme.





I've actually had a few projects published in Handmade but keep forgetting to show you so here are a few. This is a phone/IPod sock I knitted:



Some yummy pincushions:





And some wall plaques that again the photos don't give justice too:









I've had a few people ask me for a link to the topiary tree tutorial I did so I'm going to make a permanent link on my page.

Well Michael has just come home early due to the rain and is cooking bacon and eggs so I'm off to have some...hehe
Take care and stay safe,
S
xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...