Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Happy scrappy news, challenges and shares

Hi all,
Hope you have all had a chance to be creative lately...if not I have two fabulous new challenges to share with you today!

First up...some exciting happy, scrappy news!
I'm happy to announce that I'm back to where I first started with the Scrap the Boys challenge blog!

It was many years ago that I started the Scrap the Boys blog however back then it was more like an inspiration blog to get the mojo flowing for those boy layouts. A few scrappy friends were always saying there wasn't enough inspiration for boy pages and the blog was started.
As my life got busier I had to hand it over which I did to the lovely Susan Longman.
WOW was I blown away with what she did with it...turning into one of the most popular challenge blogs ever!
It is now run by her equally lovely sister, Wendy Smith and is still as popular as ever!
So as you can imagine I am absolutely thrilled to be back at Scrap the Boys alongside some very talented scrappy chicks!

This month's theme is BIG BOYS TOYS. Cool right?
Having 5 sons, a husband and little grandson I have copious amounts of boy photos but for this challenge I couldn't go past our bubba sitting on his Uncle's motor bike at the local bike track.
Don't worry...his daddy was holding him up...I just made him get down low so I couldn't see him in the photo LOL

Here is my page:
 Don't forget you have until midnight the 31st of July to have your entries upload to the Scrap the Boys blog.

My second share is this months D-Lish Scraps July Inspiration Board. Gorgeous!

So much inspiration right there.
With this Inspiration Board I decided to challenge myself with a boys layout and not using Kraft as a background which was my instant thought when I first looked at the board.

Our youngest son has a (very unhealthy) love relationship with Coke so for his 16th birthday we had a little party for him that was all Coke themed.
I found this huge Coke bottle at our local party store and filled it up with Cola flavoured cordial.
I'm sure you can imagine his surprise when he came out and saw it!

I have some more very exciting D-Lish Scraps news today!
This weekend we are celebrating and having a 5th Birthday Bonanza!
I can tell you this...you NEED to be there!

I special page has been set up on Facebook and there are already cheat sheets for each challenge being bandied around.
Do yourselves a favour creatives...DON'T MISS THIS ONE!
Head over to the D-Lish Scraps page on Facebook and check out all the excitement!!
It's geared up to be a FABULOUS weekend with even BETTER PRIZES!

Well that's it for me today I'm off to edit some photos from a couple of recent sessions then head over to visit my little man.

Have fun creating,
Shaz
xx



1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

CONGRATS on the Scrap the Boys DT gig!!! It certainly suits you with all those males!! LOOOVE that page..bit of a giggle, with your Grand Boy looking for all the world as if he's riding that bike!!! And love the big Coke bottle....wonderful work:):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...