Thursday, April 10, 2014

Scrapping winner!

Hey everyone :)
Hope this post finds you well and DRY...as it's still raining here!!
We did need it but I wish it would fall where it's needed the most and give some much needed relief to our drought stricken farmers who are doing it really tough at the moment.

Last post I shared this layout I'd created for the March Scrap The Boys challenge and I'm excited to say I won a prize! YAY...LOL


I must admit the Scrap The Boys challenge site has a special place in my heart. Did you know I started that site many moons ago?
It started out as a place just to share layouts of BOYS for inspiration to other scrappers but sadly I couldn't keep it going after returning to work. I handed it over to the very talented Susan Longman who turned it into a challenge site and the rest, as they say, is history. Right now, Susan's sister Wendy is looking after it. Just a little bit of trivia I thought you might be interested in LOL

I also mentioned last post that I was heading off on a Retreat that weekend. The Retreat was organised by Lisa Warren of Inspired Blueprints and was held at The Tops Conference Centre in Stanwell Tops. I've never been to a retreat there but I can tell you it certainly won't be the last!
Such a beautiful place, the staff were great and the food was amazing...all the little things that make up a great weekend away for scrapping with the girls.
As for the girls...I had an absolute blast with not only my retreat partner in crime, Chrissy, but a few others as well. I think I'm to blame yet again for a very late night...or should I say early morning on the Saturday. 5.00 a.m bedtime. Oops ;P

Lisa had arranged a few challenges to be done over the weekend so I entered them to keep the mojo flowing. I ended up getting 4 done (I know right? I need to stop chatting and start scrapping on Retreat!). 2 of those pages I don't consider finished properly yet so I'll get on to them before I share.

This one I did for a challenge at Scrapbook Savvy (owned by the lovely Sar Ward) who was having her own Cyber Crop on the same weekend.
I misread this colour challenge and thought it was pink and blue. Thought I had it in the bag when I re-read...also GREEN! Arrgghhh...this threw me back HOURS as I just couldn't see where or how I was going to put some green. Really, really LOVE how this turned out though.

I did a beach photo shoot back in February of a friends' gorgeous daughters who are dancers and I've been busting to scrap the photos. One down...about a million to go...hehe.

The second page I actually finished wasn't part of a challenge but I bought a couple of new stencils at Retreat and wanted to have a play with them.
They were both really cool, grungy stencils (and let me tell you BOTH got a massive workout over the weekend from everyone).
One was just perfect for this photo of my son and his trainers at his last Muay Thai fight:

Such a cool, grungy boys page.

Right now I'm working on a mini canvas to put in my scrap room. I'm loving texture paste with stencils and Gelatos with gesso at the moment and the way they all seem to blend together.
Beautiful mixed media.

Well I'm off to cook dinner and hopefully have a little play at the scrap desk tonight.
Chat again soon,
Sharryn xx

2 comments:

scrapwitch said...

new work is spectacular babe .. i didnt know that about scrap the boys... nice piece of trivia :) x
scrap more, your freaking awesome

Lizzy Hill said...

COngrats! Saw your name over there...looooove your pages from the retreat - lucky you going!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...