Monday, February 27, 2012

Cyber cropping

Hi all,
Welcome to a new week...I hope it's a good one for you.
Did you have a good weekend? I certainly did.
For the first time in as long as I can remember I played along in not 1, but 2 cyber crops!
I managed to get ALL challenges done for one of them but still need to catch up on the other. I'm just not that fast a scrapper!
The first crop was over at Scrapbook Savvy but so far I've only met one challenge and working on the second as we speak.
This was a sketch challenge but the page still had to be scrapped about love.
Here's mine:

Photo of Jayden and Renee when they first started going out together.


The other cyber crop was over at Scrap Sanity.
Seeing as all challenges were sketches I got these all done. Have I mentioned I'm loving sketches at the moment? LOL
This is my entry for the first challenge:

Photos of Rhiannon the day I had a Pin-Up girl photo shoot in my studio. I just love these photos.

The second sketch had a twist...to include coffee spills/splatters on the page. I had a stamp that was just perfect for this that I hadn't used and I must say, I love how this layout turned out. Lots of distressing, inking and embossing on this one not to mention my new Tim Holtz stamps :)

The third sketch was awesome but the photos I printed out just wouldn't work in the beginning! Grrr...but I persevered and am quite happy with the way it turned out. I used a hand dyed piece of crochet doily for the backing to emulate the spiders webs and rather than throw away the photo bits I didn't need after punching them out I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and made butterflies out of scrap photo.


The fourth sketch was also a colour challenge. The sketch called for 2 x 4" x 6" photos and 3 smaller photos. I thought about resizing the photos smaller but seeing as I never scrap 5 photos on a page I challenged myself to do so.
Quite like this one...not too busy and still has the 5 photos.


The 5th challenge was to make a piece of jewellery out of scrapping suplies but mines still drying so I'll have to share that later.

So if you haven't participated in a cyber crop for a while girls do yourself a favour and find one to play along in. You won't be sorry!
S
xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...