Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kraft It Up challenge

Woohoo! I managed to get this months Kraft It Up challenge done today!!
Seeing as I spent almost the WHOLE day on the phone to a pack of morons yesterday trying to work out computer issues....grrrrrrrrrrrrr
I decided to reward myself with some creative time :)

This months challenge is a colour combo:


To be honest the layout turned out 100% different to when I had a bit of time to push paper and photos around yesterday afternoon and the ideas I had in my head last night. I completely turned the whole thing around, upside down to what I originally had planned to be honest and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
Sometimes if you're not happy with the way something is coming together, I think it's best to walk away and come back to it later. This usally ALWAYS works for me.
Anyway...I scrapped some cool photos I took of Michael blowing bubbles on a family picnic last month. He really is just a big kid at heart :)


Wanting to stay with the bubble/circle theme I used a funky bubble border designed by Leeann Pearce and made it the focal embellishment. I painted it, then stamped on it with some cool circle stamps then used mesh and patterned paper behind some of the circles for added texture and dimension. I then used a couple of the circles as journalling spots. Very versatile piece of chipboard indeed!

Hope you like it!
Cheers
S
xx

7 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

I love the grungy feel of this...awesome layout!

Cathy said...

WOW Sharryn awesome LO. Love your design, mix of elements and technique. Fantastic masculine LO!! Thanks for playing along at KIU this month :)

Paula said...

This is absolutely brilliant Shaz! Love what you did with the bubble border, the balance of colours is brilliant! :)

Celeste Vermeend said...

great layout sharryn!

Lizzyc said...

this is fantastic! very interesting and eye catching!! great layout!

Christine said...

What fantastic photos, that scalloped border looks amazing!

Jules said...

oooh, i really love this sharryn! ... oh, i always walk away and sleep on it if i'm struggling... then lay awake with ideas running through my head!! lol ... this is a brilliant lo! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...